If you’re planning to sell your used iPhone or trade it for a new model, you must erase the data first.
It is advised to erase the data because you do not want your personal information falling into the wrong hands. However, erasing the data or taking a backup of the data is not a difficult task.
What is the right way to erase the data before you sell used iPhone?
The user interface of the iPhone is easy to comprehend. Hence, you can search for any setting you’re looking for by typing the specific search in Settings.
To put your curiosity at ease, in this article, we will help you erase the data, including the messages, pictures, videos, and files. It is a simple process that can be completed in a few minutes, ensuring that no data can be extracted.
Backing up the data from your current iPhone
Backing up data from your old iPhone is a crucial part of the overall process.
iCloud does take Backup of your data when you’re connected to Wi-Fi, from time to time. But taking manual Backup will ensure that you’re taking backup of all your recent documents.
Steps for creating a Backup are as follows: –
- Connect your iPhone to a Wi-Fi network. If you have low power, connect it to a power source while taking the Backup.
- Open settings from the Home screen.
- Click on the Apple ID banner at the top.
- Tap on iCloud and scroll down to Backup.
- Click on Backup, then turn it on and choose Back up now.
Once you’ve chosen to Backup now, the data will be stored on your iCloud.
Do not forget to remove your iCloud ID from your iPhone before selling it.
Wiping the data and resetting your iPhone
Following are the steps to follow once you’ve decided to wipe your data from your current iPhone: –
- You should connect the phone to a power source if it is low on power.
- Open Settings from the Home screen.
- Scroll down and tap on General.
- Scroll down to the bottom and find Reset.
- Tap on Erase all content and settings.
- Once you click on it, your iPhone will give you a chance to back up your data on iCloud and then erase the data if you’ve previously failed to do it. It is always advised to take a manual backup of your data, as the recent documents will also be stored.
- Once you’re sure that you have taken the Backup, it is time to reset the iPhone.
- Next is to confirm that you want to erase the data. You can do this by clicking on Erase now.
- Once you click on Erase now, you will be asked for your phone’s passcode.
- Before entering the passcode is the last chance you get to change your mind. If you’re sure to erase the data, select Erase iPhone, and the data will be wiped clean.
This was a set-by-step process of backing up the data and wiping data before you sell your used iPhone to a reputed buyer like Budli.