There was a time when taking backup of contacts and images for your mobile phone was a migraine-inducing job. However, the scenario has changed. Now, you can easily take back up of data before selling your old iPhone, Samsung, or Motorola smartphone.
There are several ways to backup your data and sync it with your new mobile phone. Even if you are not buying a new phone, it is good to take a backup to ensure that you don’t lose information. Here is a break up of steps to easily take back up Android phones and tablets.
How to take backup of data on Android smartphones or tablets?
Google has its backup system to help create a data backup and restore it on every Android smartphone. You can easily do it with the phone’s settings tab, click on the system, and you will see an option back up and reset. By pressing the tab, you can restore the data.
However, ensure that the backup toggle is not dimmed if you want to automatically backup, select backup my data. Turn on auto back up toggle. Allow some time to create a backup of your data, and once the work is accomplished, you can restore it in your new phone.
Note that Google account restricts data usage. It allows free 15 GB of cloud storage. If you want to take more data backup, you need to pay for the subscription.
How to take backup of images?
You can easily take backup of images using Google Photos. Here are the steps that you need to follow
- Sign in to your Google account.
- Open the photos app on your smartphone or tablet.
- Open the menu that you can see in the topmost corner.
- Now, go to the settings tab.
- Press back up and sync if it’s switched off.
- To verify whether the photos are backed up, visit Photos, sign in and click on the photos.
Points to note on backup of data before you sell your used mobile
There are certain points that you need to understand before using it.
- If you alter the backup settings, it will affect all the backup and sync settings, Google Drive.
- If you have deleted the Google Photos app while taking the backup of images, deleting the app would not affect the backup.
Google Photos offer 15 GB of unlimited free storage. If you want to add more space without paying extra, you can compress the images. However, it would affect the photo quality.
Whether you desire to purchase a refurbished phone for the festive season or fear losing data, you can easily take a backup of data and images with this method. Now you are ready to sell the old mobile phone to a reliable buyer like Budli.