Samsung has recently come up with their new flagships, Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9 Plus. These smartphones are doing great in the market as well. But if you are a Galaxy S9 or S9 Plus user and want to change the appearance of your device or want a break from the stock interface, then I am here to help you achieve that by rooting the device. Rooting your Galaxy S9 and S9 Plus will improve its performance and appearance.
In this post, I will take you through all the steps involved in rooting your device.
First of all, it is highly recommended to create a backup of the data in your device before heading towards the rooting process. For rooting your Galaxy S9 and S9 Plus we will use the TWRP recovery method, which happens to be the easiest of all.
How to install TWRP before rooting:
- First of all, you need to activate the developer options of the device from the system settings. For this you just need to do as instructed:
Settings > About phone > Software information.
- Now, to enable the Developer Options you need to tap on the “Build No.” seven times.
- Next, you need to enable the toggle next to the ‘OEM Unlock’. For this follow these steps:
Settings > Developer options
- Then you need to download and extract Samsung’s ODIN package on your PC.
You need to turn off your device and reboot it into download mode. To do so follow the steps mentioned below.
[VOLUME DOWN] + [BIXBY] + [POWER]
You need to hold it for at least 15 seconds for a pop up message. Now press the Volume Up button to move into download mode.
- Open ODIN and click on [AP] to locate the downloaded TWRP file.
Then, you need to connect your smartphone to the PC via USB cable. You’ll be notified of the connection.
- Now, you have to start the ODIN. To perform the task, follow the given steps, while holding down the following buttons:
[VOLUME UP] + [BIXBY] + [POWER] + [Start]
The flashing process will start now. Do not let go of the button combinations till you enter TWRP.
- Now you need to format your data from the TWRP recovery options. To do this follow the steps provided.
TWRP > Wipe > Format Data > type “yes” > Enter.
- After erasing your data, restart TWRP. Carry on with the following steps.
Reboot > Recovery to restart TWRP.
- Now you need to download the ‘dm-verity and force encryption disabler.zip’ on your computer. Transfer them on to your phone.
- Locate the files from the TWRP recovery and flash it.
- After flashing the files, reboot your device to activate the TWRP and make it fully functional.
Root Galaxy S9 / S9 Plus Device Using TWRP:
1. After that, reboot your device to recovery mode.
[VOLUME UP] + [BIXBY] + [POWER].
2. You need to download the ‘N965F_root_OEM_issue_devices.zip’ to your computer and transfer the file on to your device.
3. From the TWRP, tap install and locate the zip file and flash it.
4. During the process, select “Yes” for both “OEM Patch” and “Root with SuperSU”.
5. After flashing is completed, just reboot your device. That’s it, Your Samsung Galaxy S9/S9 plus is successfully rooted with SuperSU.
Do you want to upgrade your smartphone and bring home a Samsung Smartphone, then you surely must be right. Samsung has always come up with brilliant deals and offers which never disappoint the buyers. If you further want some more discount (which you sure will prefer) then simply log in to budli.in. Budli is the largest online store for refurbished products and it is very easy to upgrade your device here. There are a wide range of products from smartphones to desktops and the best part is that they give amazing discounts which are hard to resist. Visit budli.in and grab your device today!!