Xiaomi is the market leader when it comes to talk about mid range android devices. And there is a reason for that. Xiaomi phones have a wide range of powerful specifications that make the phone super smooth to operate and get the most out of it. But that is what every smartphone manufacturing company does right? No! Xiaomi offers products at a cost which is much lower than the cost of offered by other companies.
The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 is one of the highest shipped device of the year 2017 in India. The Note 4 runs on the MIUI 9 which is a OS based on Android 7.1 Nougat. Now, the latest version of Android the Android Oreo has hit the market and all the smartphone users what to update to it. But the sad news for Note 4 users is that the company has released no statement that the device will get the Android 8.0 Oreo update.
But there is another way to upgrade to the latest Android 8.1 Oreo on your Redmi Note 4. All you have to do is install a custom ROM called the OmniROM which is based on Android 8.1 Oreo. This custom ROM once installed will let you use stock Android 8.1 Oreo interface on your device, this interface is better than the MIUI in some ways.
Things to Remember:
- OmniROM is not an official update so you might lose the warranty of your smartphone after the installation.
- Make sure that the device is rooted and TWRP custom Recovery is installed on your smartphone.
- Make sure that you backup all your data from the smartphone before beginning the installation.
- Also, charge your smartphone to at least 80% battery before getting started.
How to update Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 to Android 8.1 Oreo
- You need to download OmniROM zip, click here to download.
- Copy that ZIP file into your phone memory.
- Switch off your mobile and reboot it into the TWRP recovery mode.
- Once in recovery mode, tap on Wipe. This will clear the system memory.
- In the main menu you will find Install and select the OmniROM zip file.
- After the installation is completed, tap on Reboot System to reboot your phone with the Android 8.1 Oreo.
So that is how you do it. If you are one of those who does not want to go through all this hustle to enjoy the Oreo update then you should consider upgrading your phone which supports the latest OS. Well if your answer is YES then read along. Are you planning to get yourself a new smartphone so that you can enjoy the latest and greatest softwares of the recent times? What to do it without putting a hole in your wallet? Then think no more, the answer to your questions is budli.in. Budli is a online marketplace for refurbished products in India. We have a wide range of products ranging from smartphones, tablets to laptops. Head over to budli.in and grab your next best smartphone at discounted prices now!
Comments are closed